Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm Baaaaack!!!


Last Friday's Hobby Night was a blast! I've been away too long, and it was difficult to decide what to bring - Eldar? Thousand Sons? FoW British? Should I do some terrain? ...

Eventually settled on my Eldar, and had my first-ever 40k 5th ed game vs 2000pts of Ultramarines (yes yes, pretty late, but I was away). And folks, this 5th ed thing is just amazing. All I can say is GW has done it again. Not only do the standard and quality of new models keep edging up, now even the game has improved tremendously. I don't want to sound too much like a free plug for GW, but it is what it is.

It's even got Saleem back into 40k. He who had forsaken the 41st millennium for the past 4 or 5 years was actually seen feverishly rolling dice with glee at the head of his mean Sisters of Battles army. One shudders to think what he'll do with his Salamanders.

It was definitely a 40k flavor for the night. I think it may be the first ever Hobby Night that saw only 40k games being played - Orks, bunch of Chaos armies, Necrons, the SoB, Eldar, Marines - without the usual mix of FoW, Warmachine and Fantasy battles going on.

Looking forward to next Friday. My painting table right now is a terrible mix of FoW British (just need to finish the basing), some Eldar, the amazing GW ruins set, and a whole bunch of Ravenwing. We'll see what I'll work on this week and what I bring to Hobby Night next week.

See you guys at the Legio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil in your comments- thanks!