Wednesday, March 28, 2012
That's right! We've planned something a bit special for this week's hobby night.
At the hobby tables :
1. Airbrushing 101
- you've heard all about what this magical contraption can do. You're heard about single-action, double-action, top feed, bottom feed, air pressure etc. You want to find out more to learn if it's suitable for your hobby needs. Well, you're definitely in luck!!! This week i'll be bringing my trusty ol air compressor coz Alvin wants to prime and basecoat some of his models. Which practically means that the newly appointed Legio officer has volunteered to give a demonstration and answer all your questions about airbrushing :)
- i'm pretty sure he'll let you have a go if you ask nicely.
2. Share N Tell table
- this is something new that we're starting this week. What is it? It's basically a Share N Tell table where you can display one single miniature model per week. Why would you want to do that you ask?
Good question....and here's some answers.
> you've just completed painting a model and want to share it with your friends :)
> you've just completed sculpting/converting/modifying a model and would appreciate some comments on how to improve it further or ideas on paint schemes.
> you're currently painting a model and can't figure out that one detail that you're missing.....what are friends for.
The fundamental spirit for this is to share your current projects. And hopefully find inspiration and help inspire others :)
No hard and fast rules. One model per week. It can be WIP or completed work. Models must be taken back once Hobby Night finishes.
Shukor will bring one of his big Nids. I will bring my Silver Skulls land speeder. Anyone else?
At the gaming tables :
1. I'll be bringing my Angels Sanguine and Saim-Hann army for a game with a newly promoted Captain of the Blood Angels. He's killed his fair share of chaos, xenos and anything else in between. Then he heard that there's also a tabletop game version and wants to give it a try :)
Any other new players are also welcomed to join us!!
2. Play-testers required
We are planning a 40k on-going event and would appreciate players who could help us to play-test the system. All you need to do is bring a legal FOC army of 1K - 2K and play your normal games. Your army does not have to be painted but reasonably WYSIWYG. Details of the system will be explained on the night. Nothing complicated but should be fun.
3. Or you can play your normal games with friends like you've done every Hobby Nights :)
Whichever strikes your fancy is fine. As usual please RSVP with names ;)
Monday, March 26, 2012
Apart from already fulfilling all the dark and better kept a secret ritual initiations, Alvin will be helping us to organize an event which will hopefully set the gaming community abuzz very soon. Stay tuned for more info on this in the near future.
Incidentally, Alvin is also the owner of Hobby Forge. The best place in town for your GW addiction and other hobby materials. Check out his website here http://gluedmyfingers.blogspot.com/
So join us in congratulating Alvin on attaining this not coveted position which means he's now responsible for developing and promoting the miniatures wargames hobby in our community together with the other existing Legio Officers for zero remuneration. Headaches comes free of charge :)
Hail Alvin. Ave Legio!!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Whose up for tomorrow night?
I'm dying to play some FoW especially since my spanking brand new 3rd Ed rulebook has arrived :)
So the 506th of the 101st will be dropping from the skies yet again scraping for a fight!!!
Bring your armies and we'll learn what's new in this edition together.
Am also sure brave space marines will also make a showing to defend the imperium against the dark and evil...
Bring some drinks and we'll have a merry time together :)