At long last, we’ve nailed down exactly what it is we’re going to be doing for our 1st Birthday party! We know a lot of you are getting your armies ready for SPORE 2009, so we wanted to do something that’s fun and not too taxing. We hope you enjoy what we have planned, and I look forward to seeing as much of our club membership (and potential future members!) as possible. We’re running two events- a painting contest and a cool mini tournament:
Golden Kris- This is a painting competition that we’ll be running once a year from this point forward. For this year, we’ll have three categories: Single Miniature, Unit, and Large Model. Single Miniature is a single, standard 25-30mm scale infantry mode, one stand of 15mm scale infantry, or one 15mm scale vehicle. 1 Mech from Heavy Gear would also fall in this category. Unit entries should consist of a game legal unit of infantry models/stands numbering at least 5 models, and no more than 20. Large Model entries should be a single model larger than a standard 25-30mm infantry, such as a Dreadnought, Tank, or Monster. Ranges smaller than 25mm scale are not eligible to be entered into this category. If you have any questions regarding your potential entry, please email us straight away and we’ll get you sorted. Entries should be brought with you when you show up ion Saturday. All entries must be submitted IN PERSON by 2 PM. Judging will begin at 3 PM.
40K Combat Patrol Tournament: As the main event, we’ll be running a 5 round “Combat Patrol” tournament. Trophies will be handed out for Best Sportsmanship, Best Patrol (Appearance & Theme combined), and of course a Purity Seal for the winner. Lists must be no more than 400 points, chosen from a single codex as normal, and conform to the following rules:
1) You must have at least one Troops choice
2) You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one
3) Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. However, all unit restrictions apply (such as 0-1)
4) No model may have more than 2 Wounds
5) No model may have a 2+ or better Armor/Invulnerable save. So, a Chaplain in power armor would be ok, while a Dracon with a Shadow Field or a Space Marine Terminator would not.
6) No Unique/Special/Named characters may be used
7) No vehicles may be used with an Armor total greater than 33. This is determined by adding the Front, Rear, and Side values together. For instance, a Rhino would be 31 (11+10+10), so it could be used. A Chaos Dreadnought would be 34 (12+10+12), so it could not be used.
8) Remaining rules are as per standard Legio Tournaments. Models must be WYSIWYG and fully painted/based.
If you have any questions about the requirements for this tournament, let us know. If you plan on attending the tournament, please email your intention to do so. There is no cost to play, so get those patrols ready! All tournament players need to arrive no later than 10 AM.
We will have free drinks and snacks for those attending, and if we have space we’ll have tables available for open gaming. Attendance is also free- there is no cost to participate in Golden Kris and the Combat Patrol tournament. The fun starts at 9:30 and will continue until 6 PM, after which we may remain open for some free gaming and hanging out. Feel free to post questions on this thread- we’ll get them answered for you!