"Golden Kris" Painting Competition
This is the first of what will be a yearly competition for all the painters out there. Entries must be made in person- you can't have someone bring it in for you. Here's the details:
For this year, we’ll have three categories: Single Miniature, Unit, and Large Model. Single Miniature is a single, standard 25-30mm scale infantry mode, one stand of 15mm scale infantry, or one 15mm scale vehicle. 1 Mech from Heavy Gear would also fall in this category. Unit entries should consist of a game legal unit of infantry models/stands numbering at least 5 models, and no more than 20. Large Model entries should be a single model larger than a standard 25-30mm infantry, such as a Dreadnought, Tank, or Monster. Ranges smaller than 25mm scale are not eligible to be entered into this category. If you have any questions regarding your potential entry, please email us straight away and we’ll get you sorted. Entries should be brought with you when you show up ion Saturday. All entries must be submitted IN PERSON by 2 PM. Judging will begin at 3 PM.
Next, we've running a 40K tournament that's a bit different from the norm: Combat Patrol!
40K Combat Patrol Tournament: As the main event, we’ll be running a 5 round “Combat Patrol” tournament. Trophies will be handed out for Best Sportsmanship, Best Patrol (Appearance & Theme combined), and of course a Purity Seal for the winner. Lists must be no more than 400 points, chosen from a single codex as normal, and conform to the following rules:
1) You must have at least one Troops choice
2) You may have one HQ choice, but no more than one
3) Armies are not required to take mandatory unit choices. However, all unit restrictions apply (such as 0-1)
4) No model may have more than 2 Wounds
5) No model may have a 2+ or better Armor/Invulnerable save. So, a Chaplain in power armor would be ok, while a Dracon with a Shadow Field or a Space Marine Terminator would not.
6) No Unique/Special/Named characters may be used
7) No vehicles may be used with an Armor total greater than 33. This is determined by adding the Front, Rear, and Side values together. For instance, a Rhino would be 32 (11+11+10), so it could be used. A Chaos Dreadnought would be 34 (12+10+12), so it could not be used.
8) Remaining rules are as per standard Legio Tournaments. Models must be WYSIWYG and fully painted/based.If you have any questions about the requirements for this tournament, let us know. There is no cost to play, so get those patrols ready! All tournament players need to arrive no later than 10 AM.
Registration for this tournament starts now, and there are only 20 spots. Please email us by Wednesday of next week with your intention to play and your army list. Once you do that, your spot will be confirmed. Anyone who doesn't register in advance that wishes to play will be added on an "as available" basis. So, if you want to play, get those registrations in! It doesn't cost anything, and it should be a lot of fun.
So there you have it folks. It's been a rocky road getting this done, and we sincerely appreciate everyone's understanding.
Also, don't forget that we are indeed running Hobby Night next Friday, June 26th. It's been too long since the Legion last gathered, so everyone do your best to make it!